Sunday 23 May 2010

Design context Final Changes

One of the main critisism from our last crit was about the cover of my design context. I had a bit of a brainstorm, and came up with a new idea for the cover that had an inner and out section, the inner section being a very simple typographic composition and the outer section having all the information on it such as contents my name and the title.

I think this reflects the books concern with processes and materials. I also think it is simpler and more enganging.


























Above you can see I experimented with a few coloured paper stocks for the outer cover.













I settled on red i think it looks the most authoritative and eye catching.













Inside some of the spreads have changed, but not drastically.













I've added some facts about each of the typefaces, which helps to explain why they are relevant to each of the eras I am covering.













To the digital type section I added some information about Insignia, a typeface designed by Neville Brody.

No comments:

Post a Comment